As I mentioned in This Week’s DreamWard Bound I am redoing my goals. I reviewed them, switched them up and twisted them into goals that are newer and more appropriate for the time being. I want to share them with you, so that if or when you see changes you will know why I am doing them.
These goals are a little different. I am trying out a new system, since some goals are already in my schedule and I am already working on them. I will be giving each goal a priority number (1-8) and class (A,B,C). With the classes A are the first and most important class while C is the ones that I will get around to after A and B are done.
In the A class we have
- I am going to read the entire Bible in 1 year (so by September 6, 2014) by reading for an hour a day, before I start my creative goals, so that I can learn more about God. My reward will be a new note takers Bible.
- I am going to strengthen my relationships with my family by texting or communicating with each family member at least once a week. My reward will be the stronger relationships that come out of the communications.
- I am going to lose 30 lbs by November 23rd, by exercising and eating healthier, so that I am less achy, feel better about my body, have less acne, and am generally healthier. My reward will be $60 for pampering myself with the understanding that if I do not lose the weight the $60 will go to a friend.
- I am going to publish at least one one-minute video a week focused on setting and achieving goals, so that I can share my knowledge of achieving in an interesting, fun and motivational way. I will reward myself by putting $30 towards a new computer and $30 towards my future fund after 3 months.
In the B class we have
- I am going to post 5 poems a week to my blog, so that I can strengthen my poetic voice, writing skill and grow my audience. After 3 months I will reward myself with $60 towards a new computer.
- I am going to post a monologue or scene that grows my acting skills once a week to YouTube in order to become a better actor and to be confident enough in my skills so that I can be comfortable auditioning. After 3 months I will hire an acting coach.
In the class C we have
- I am going to paint for 2 hours every other week to release unknown emotions, build my artistic voice and skill. My reward will be all the profits I make from selling my art will go towards my future fund.
- I am going to finish my 2nd draft of my novel by May 3, 2015 by working on it Tuesdays or Wednesdays so that I can be closer to finishing my first novel and that much closer to the next novel in the series. My reward will be a party with my friends.
I want to also note that I will still be working on the goal of posting a video and blog post every week, but I broke that into two separate goals. I mentioned that because I am excited for a weekend at a hotel in two months now, with no responsibilities, which really just means I will be writing and recording a bunch of stuff for fun.
Another thing that I should let you in on is the “Future Fund” that I mentioned in two goals is actually a savings goal that since it doesn’t take up time I forgot to write down. I will be saving up in order to take a year from normal work and focus solely on my acting and writing career. I still am uncertain about all the details, so I still in the prep and planning stages of this major goal. It is a goal that I have though.
Well, I believe that is all for my goals right now. Please let me know what you think.
I hope you enjoyed this extra post today. I also hope you have a wonderful day.